Using comparisons, Murphy shows you traditional Under Center formations and how they correspond to the Shotgun.
Murphy has been a WingT guy all his life and was a very successful Under Center coach before transitioning to Shotgun….which led to the 4 state titles.
BONUS ALERT: He also shows you why a WING-T state champion believes Inside Zone is a great play and why he runs it !!!
But he hasn’t lost his decoder ring because….
- Buck, Belly, Jet
- Follows the Wing T order of football: Base Play, Counter, Play Action
FORMATIONS Covered answers the important question: WHERE DO YOU PUT THE HALF BACK?
- TE / Wing
- TE Trips
- Empty Sets gives you options when the QB goes down
- Ghost Sets are good vs blitz and can still run Buck Sweep
- Bunch Sets outflank the opponent and can still run Buck Sweep
- Single Wing is great on the Goal Line
The 4-time state champ then goes thru how he attacks 8-man fronts
How he defeates blitzing
- which means he has to show you how to run Fire Screen
- And then shows you how he PRACTICES defeating the blitz