March 11-12, 2022
FRIDAY MARCH 11 SCHEDULE
- 4pm – Overview of Pistol Wing T (classroom)
- 5p – Formations to Gain Advantage (classroom)
- 6p – Cadence, Audibles, No Huddle (classroom)
7:30pm - SOCIAL at local restaurant. Chance to discuss/meet other coaches running similar schemes
SATURDAY MARCH 12 SCHEDULE
- 7am – 9a: O-Line Drills & Techniques (on the field)
- 9a – 10a: Half Line drill with Line & Backs (on the field)
- 10a – Noon: Backfield Mesh of entire run game (on the field)
1pm - LUNCH at the school. Chance to Ask Questions
- 3p – 4p: Play Action, POP Passes, and RPOs (on the field, only backs & receivers)
- 4p – 5p: Air Raid Concepts with drop back passing (on the field, only backs & receivers)
- 5p – 6p: Sprint Out Passing Concepts (on the field, only backs & receivers)
SUNDAY MARCH 13 SCHEDULE
- 8am – Sugar Huddle & Perfect Plays (team on the field)
- 8:30a – Buck Family vs Odd & Even (team on the field)
- 9:45a – Belly/Down Family vs Odd & Even (team on the field)
- 11a – Unblocked Defenders on Jet, Power Read vs Odd & Even (team on the field)
- Noon – Midline & Veer, as easy as ABC (team on the field)
- 1pm – Short Yardage & Red Zone in the classroom
- 2p – Fast & Efficient Practice Planning in the classroom
MEET THE COACHES
Creator of the Pistol Wing T
Coach Stewart has been a football coach for 27 years, 16 as a head coach, and Stewart has been to 2 Section Finals in California and 2 District Finals in Pennsylvania.
He took FOUR losing programs to the playoffs in two different states, without ever having a scholarship athlete!!
- McFarland, a school of 600 students with no weight room, had lost 24 games in a row. Stewart served as offensive coordinator and they went 8-2 with only 3rd playoff berth in 75-yr school history
- Stewart left McFarland for 3 years and they went 3-26 during his absence. He returned as head coach to make the playoffs in Year 2. (the Disney movie, “McFarland”, starring Kevin Costner is the same town and school)
- Broke 0-27 losing streak at Corcoran, a school with 900 students, winning an undefeated league title in Year 2;
- Porterville, a large of 2,000 students, won 40 games in 5 years, including back-to-back section runner-ups at a that had won 8 games in the 5 years prior to his arrival, including the first playoff victory in the school’s 110-year history.
- Pennsylvania. Stewart went to a different state to coach a team that had gone 3-7, 2-8, and 4-6. The school had only won 9 games twice: 1982 and 2009. Stewart’s teams have went 9-2, 12-1, and 11-2, winning a District title and being District runnerups. Led the entire state in total offense.